Financing a Vehicle
Financing a Vehicle involves the purchasing of a vehicle either outright -- meaning with your own money. Or using a bank, credit union or other lender purchase the vehicle
Financing is one of the most common ways to purchase a vehicle. In this process you own the vehicle at the end of your contract. Financing allows you to spread the costs of a car purchase over a long term and to own the vehicle at the conclusion of your loan.
Pros of Financing
Financing has some of the following advantages:
- You own the vehicle for the life of the vehicle.
- The opportunity to build equity in a vehicle during and after the term of your loan
- No end of term stipulations like excess ware and tear, mileage penalties and other charges than can come with leasing.
- No vehicle customization limits or limits on the mileage driven
- Ability to choose between Vehicle Manufacturer, Banks, Credit Unions, and other lending institutions that offer vehicle loans
- Competitive rates, terms and pricing as well as longer term financing rates availalble
Financing a vehicle is good for those that like to own a car long term, want to build equity in a vehicle or want to adjust there financing terms to fit there budget and build equity over time in a vehicle. Financing is Contingent on lender approval
Leasing a Vehicle
Leasing a vehicle is an option for those that don't mind changing cars every few years, like to operate a vehicle with a new car warranty and upkeep there vehicles
Leasing is a popular option to allow you to drive a new car with a much lower payment then if you were to finance it. Leasing means that you are essentially paying for the amount of time/miles that you use the vehicle and has the added bonus of letting the manufacture of the vehicle take the risk of depreciation in the market
Pros of Leasing
Leasing is popular for the following reasons:
- You are "leasing" meaning that someone else owns the vehicle and you are paying only to use it
- You can pick the number of miles you want, the term you want and usually have lower monthly payments
- You can drive a new car every few years, and you don't have to worry about depreciation because at the end of a lease you are not obligated to buy the car
- Leasing allows you to drive a new car that is under warranty for all or most of the time that you drive it
- It also allows you to have a lower monthly payment than you would if you were to purchase a car
- You also have the option to buy your car out and the end of your lease if you want to keep it for a pre-arranged buyout price
Leasing is popular with those that like a new car, is usually for people who drive less than 15,000 miles per year and gives you low monthly payments and a nice new vehicle to drive.